[mapguide-users] Anyone interested in multi threaded GDAL support?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:10:17 EDT 2012

Hi Users,

The GDAL support in MapGuide 2.4 is finally stable and robust, however,
it's still only single threaded.

Trevor is looking for some sponsorship towards making this multi-threaded
which is means you could finally use your multi-core servers to render
rasters.

http://www.otxsystems.com/community-initiatives/gdal-provider-initiative.html

I'm a bit tired of supporting this project and answering endless questions
with regards to raster performance problems, when hardly anybody contributes
back to the project, so I'm probably going to stop answering questions from
anyone who hasn't contributed some funding towards this effort.

Developers have to eat too! am I being too harsh?

Regards

Zac

--
Zac Spitzer