[mapguide-users] Maptip does not appear unless the Maptip button is added to the weblayout

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Tue May 15 10:49:45 EDT 2012

We just recently upgraded to use the new 64bit 2013 platform of AIMS.  After
doing so we've been addressing some of the issues, one of which is the tool
tips in our maps.

We made a duplicate version of the aqua template and removed a bunch of the
buttons in the layout to make a very simple version of it.  No real code
changes, just removing features.   We have noticed though, that the only way
that the Map tooltips will appear is if we have the Maptip button that's
part of 2013 added in the primary menu.  If we don't, our tooltips don't
appear.  We're not toggling on or off those tooltips so I don't know why
they would be not showing up without that button.  I don't want the users to
be able to turn them off, but I need them to see the tooltips.

thanks.