[mapguide-users] Autodesk Infrastructure MapServer - WMS requiring credentials

Łukasz Kuras lukasz.kuras at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:18:21 PDT 2012

Hello Flavio,

First of all check at Site Administrator if mapserver is listening on
right adress and port:
http://<server_name>/mapserver2013/mapadmin/wmsproperties.php >
Configure WMS.
The Server Name field should contain FQDN or ip address of the server
including port for web service, eg. 192.168.111.18:80.
Check also Script name field for appropriate path, eg.
/mapserver2013/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi (I'm using 2013 version of AIMS
so don't be confused).
Using Infrastructure Studio check permissions for map and related
resources (in properties window). Usually it's a read/write access for
everyone (inherited from parent).

Also remember that the correct path for WMS service in ADSK Map server
contains a question mark and the end, eg.
http://192.168.111.18:80/mapserver2013/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?
Could you tell exactly what do you mean by 'can't connect'? You can't
contact server at all or can't list the published layers?

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Kuras

Technical support division