[mapguide-users] Display of double data types

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:53:40 PST 2012

I am working on a long overdue update from MGOS 2.1 to MGOS 2.4.  I am
finding some strange formatting display of values in 2.4 that I did not see
in 2.1.  Particularly, the display of numbers include 6 values beyond the
decimal point in the properties oane of the AJAX viewer (some would this has
a fixed "scale" setting of 6).  All of the values displayed this way are
numbers stored as "double" data types.  Most of them are actually integers.
Previously, MGOS 2.1 would only display values beyond the decimal point if
necessary (i.e. those values that represented integers were displayed as
integers).

I found some tips on the forum that you could cheat the system by using
(0+FieldName) in a tooltip, but I have found that this doesn't work for the
display of properties in the Properties Pane.

Is there a way to control the formatting display so not to display a scale
of 6 (i.e. 6 decimal places)?  I know another option would be to update the
data type for those values that are actually integers, but that is not an
option for my data right now.

I have also found the following inconsistencies between different displays
all using MGOS2.4 (I used the Sheboygan dataset, Parcels - */LAST_SALE/*
attribute, which is stored as a "double" data type).

1.  Preview of a data feature source (does not display decimal places)

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5014908/DataView.png>

2.  Preview of layer in Ajax (displays decimal places)

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5014908/Layer_Ajax.png>

3.  Preview using Fusion (does not display decimal places)

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5014908/Layer_Fusion.png>