[mapguide-users] GDAL - MapImage with stripes

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Nov 14 05:04:29 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to produce large high quality plots with the GetMapImage-methode.
When using the GDAL Raster Provider I get stripes on my image. Source files
are either 8 bit or 24 bit. It doesn't matter if it is a raster
FeatureSource of type 'single' or 'composite'. I've tested with different
raster output formats (PNG/PNG8/JPG) but get always the same result like in
this image:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5016254/stripes.jpg>

It depends on scale and location where these stripes occur in the image.

I've set up serverconfig.ini to this settings (Rendering Service):

I think the other settings under 'Rendering Servcie' just takes affect when
using raster reprojection.
Smaller images looks great but when increasing width and height or dpi then
this issue also increases.

Are there any other settings I can adjust? Seems to me that it belongs to a
memory problem. Does the GDAL Provider mybe has a memory limit?

I am using MGOS 2.4 (FDO 3.7)

Thanks, Gunter