[mapguide-users] Fusion broken.

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Mon Nov 19 09:45:10 PST 2012

Anyone? I simply can't figure out how to use this software with the current
documentation, but I guess others have managed to (you must get new users
from somewhere).
Is there some other resource out there for new users that may answer my
questions?
Thanks,
Jonathan

On 16 November 2012 12:02, Jonathan Moules <
jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hi Gabriele,
> Well, I've downloaded and installed Maestro 5.0b4 (I'm fine with a beta at
> this point), and connected to it. I had to connect "locally" as the http
> one keeps disconnecting me.
>
> However there is no tree on the left (via either connection method) and
> therefore no sample data for me to test.
>
> The documentation for it is referring to things I can't find.
> Specifically: "\MapGuide Maestro 5.0b4\UserDoc\publish_workflow.html" says
> "create a load procedure" in bold, however there is no such link anywhere I
> can see. Nor is there a "create feature sources" link.
>
> What do I do now?
> Jonathan
>
> On 15 November 2012 16:02, Gabriele Monfardini <gabrimonfa at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > I don't know. I'm just using the default install of 2.4.0 and expected
>> it
>> > all to work.
>> >
>> > Running a search, there don't appear to be any "MapDefinition" files
>> > anywhere in the entire /MapGuide directory.
>> > I'm surprised no samples were provided in the default install.
>>
>> Map and layerdefinition are on a single-file db (a dbxml).
>> Try downloading Mapguide Maestro, and log in on the server (substitute
>> "localhost" with the name or the IP address of Mapguide) with default
>> account (Username: Administrator, password: admin).
>>
>> If it works you'll see a on the left a tree, called Library which
>> contains folder "Samples" and inside the map definition you're looking
>> for.
>> In particular
>>
>> Library://Samples/Sheboygan/MapsTiled/SheboyganSphericalMerc.MapDefinition
>>
>> means that it is trying to load "SheboyganSphericalMerc.MapDefinition"
>> inside Samples/Sheboygan/MapsTiled.
>>
>> > Looking into the documentation it's not clear how to make a
>> MapDefinition
>> > file (the search only finds two results which make reference to them:
>> > http://mapguide.osgeo.org/search/node/mapdefinition), and the samples
>> I can
>> > find are for 2.0.x
>> > (http://mapguide.osgeo.org/download/releases/2.0.x-samples) with the
>> > installation notes not appearing to work with 2.4.x.
>>

>> Mapdefinitions are xml files with a precise schema.
>> Mapguide Maestro is the tool that ease creation of all xml files you need.
>>
>> Mapguide Maestro allows you to create FeatureSources "aka connection
>> to data", LayerDefinitions (aka layers that use data), MapDefinitions
>> (aka collections of layers) and WebLayouts (aka a presentations of a
>> map).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gabriele Monfardini

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.