[mapguide-users] Cannot Create Layers From Feature Sources

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Sun Oct 14 18:08:33 PDT 2012

After extensive trial and error I have discovered that schema names that
begin with a number, have spaces or dashes in their name will cause a
problem in Mapguide 2.4.  The datasource is no problem but when you create
the layer it will fail.  My schemas had all three things so I just didn't
get it figured out very easily.

I have not tried every combination of these things so I can't swear that all
of them are problems in schema names.  I can say for sure that some
combinations of these cause grief in Maestro and Mapguide Studio.