[mapguide-users] Cannot Create Layers From Feature Sources

Gordon McKenzie gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Mon Oct 15 07:06:55 PDT 2012

After your previous message about Maestro issues I went back to the start.
AutoCAD Map 2012 and AutoCAD Mapguide Studio were the only tools used in
creating the sdf files for my final testing.  The problems continued to
occur.  Maestro was not used at all, for any part of the process.  The
reference to Mapguide 2.4 was only included because the problem only occurs
on my Mapguide 2.4 test servers.  I have no problems when I use the files on
my Mapguide 2.2 server.

Create file in AutoCAD Map.
Author data source in Mapguide 2.2 using Mapguide Studio
Author layer in Mapguide 2.2 using Mapguide Studio
Everything works as expected

Create file in AutoCAD Map.
Author data source in Mapguide 2.4 using Mapguide Studio
Try to author layer in Mapguide 2.4 using Mapguide Studio
Won't let me create layers

I understand that there are a large number of variables when you create and
edit files in AutoCAD and then publish them to Mapguide with different
authoring tools etc.  Also a lot of variables in schema names with spaces,
dashes etc.  I am happy to leave it where it is because I can move forward
with my work.  If this problem does not occur for others than I am at a loss
to explain why I have had so many issues.

Thanks for the feedback and all the great work you do in keeping this
product moving forward.

Gord