[mapguide-users] Map takes very long time

Jonio, Dennis (Aviation) DJonio at miami-airport.com
Mon Oct 29 08:36:10 PDT 2012

David,
The only thing that I found to do was turn all of my vector layers into SDF format and publish those. This helped but did not resolve the issue. (Kinda' sorta' defeats the purpose of FDO but I had no choice)
This is NOT a flame against Mapguide but just to let you know ... It took about 3 months of learning curve and coding but I have written my own DESKTOP mapping application using the SharpMap 0.9.Trunk-2011.11.17 iteration on Codeplex as a base. Works great, users love it, no wait...and depending on options an xcopy install.
r,
dennis