[mapguide-users] fusion - default tool selected?

david.wilhelmsson at 65nord.se david.wilhelmsson at 65nord.se
Fri Sep 7 00:41:46 PDT 2012

For future reference (for people like me who found this post via Google),
I've found that the default tool selected is the first valid tool in
MapContextMenu or MapRightClickMenu in the application definition. If there
are no valid tools in MapContextMenu/MapRightClickMenu, the default tool is
the first valid widget starting from the first container and moving down the
file.

This is how the Sheboygan flexible layout examples is able to have the pan
tool is the default tool even though it appears is the second widget in the
secondary/vertical toolbar. It took me a lot of experimenting to figure out
how this tool was selected as the default tool even though it appears lower
down in the order of widget definitions in containers.

Tested with MapGuide 2.2.

Kind regards,
Dave.