[mapguide-users] quick one regarding mssql

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Wed Sep 19 22:03:48 PDT 2012

Just thought I'd touch back on this subject and show what I ended up doing.

In my export process to my SQL datastore I now convert my xmlfragement from
my software package (Bentley Map ... side note anyone use this in the
community?) to a varchar field with 2000 characters.... then I note what my
field is and format the xml in the selection panel !!! operation success!

Would it be worthwhile chasing up adding xml as a data type to the fdo? I'm
not sure on the changes required or its difference to standard text fields,
just find xml fairly good way of storing these sorts of attributes.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5003113/xmlFragment.png>