[mapguide-users] Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

GIS4U johnniegis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:56:31 PDT 2013

Hi Brad,
Sounds like a fun project.

I would agree with Srecko that implementing the functionality can be done
with HTML5 or native. Not having worked with the code Srecko has generously
made available I can't comment on it specifically.

We have done both (HTML/JS and native) and each are equally functional but
depend on what your end goal would be. The biggest challenge with offline
IMO is the synchronization.

To keep things simple we focussed on GeoJSON and an HTML5 canvas. GeoJSON
can be generated in a number of ways and is easy to work with.

Good luck,
Jonathon