[mapguide-users] Can't start anymore.....An exception occurred in DB XML component.

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:30:34 PDT 2013

Oh dear!

It sounds like some sort of dbxml corruption of the MapGuide repository
based on the error message.

I'd suggest looking at some of the dbxml utilities under C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin

In particular the db_recover utility. Here's a man page I found:
http://www.manpagez.com/man/1/db_recover/

I've never actually used any of these dbxml utilities, as I've never
personally encountered dbxml corruption so I can't vouch whether db_recover
will actually fix your problem.

- Jackie