[mapguide-users] Strange Error in Mapguide 2.4

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:44:07 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm having strange Errors with Mapguide 2.4
I'm on Centos 32bit

<2013-04-19T17:06:13>   2107579248      Ajax Viewer    xx.xx.xx.xx   Anonymous
 Error: An exception occurred in DB XML component.
        Error: Cannot allocate memory
 StackTrace:
  - MgResourceServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 80 file
ResourceServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpGetResourceContent.Execute() line 120 file OpGetResourceContent.cpp
  - MgServerResourceService.GetResourceContent(Id=Library://xxxxxx
  Tags=) line 1222 file ServerResourceService.cpp
  - MgApplicationRepositoryManager.GetResourceContent() line 385 file
ApplicationRepositoryManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetResource
(MgLibraryResourceContents.dbxml)() line 320 file
ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp
  - MgResourceContentManager.GetDocument() line 590 file
ResourceContentManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument
(MgLibraryResourceContents.dbxml)() line 476 file
ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp

When it happens, sometimes one thread remains stuck at 100% CPU and
mapguide stop serving at all (but does not crash).
Every new request end up logging the very same error.

The error message is somewhat misleading.
The server has 4GB RAM and never use more than a couple of it.
We've configured the max allowable sessions to a much higher value
than the default and, in any case, the number of active session when
it lastly happened is about 20.

Am I reaching some memory limit on session dbxmls?
Maybe something related to pages or caching?
Would you suggest to tune some parameters in serverconfig.ini?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini