[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.5 auto start on Ubuntu

ray at rayholtz.com ray at rayholtz.com
Mon Apr 22 07:43:57 PDT 2013

Has anyone else seen run into this issue where it "Cannot Establish Connection"  when the mgserverd.sh has been started?

--------- Original Message ---------Subject: [mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.5 auto start on Ubuntu
From: ray at rayholtz.com
Date: 4/17/13 3:14 pm
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org

I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit (fully patched) that I ran the mginstallubuntu.sh (ver 2.5).  Nothing else (except VMware Tools) is running on this server.

I have one big issue:
- After a reboot, Apache and Mapguide do not start automatically.
- I can start apachectl and apache runs fine, but when I run mgserverd.sh I cannot log into the Mapguide Site Administrator webpage.  I get an error: 'Cannot establish connection'
- When I run mgserver.sh it allows me to log in, but when the running mgserver application stops,  so does the site administrator webpage stop working.

I guess the question is: what might be wrong with the mgserverd.sh script that it won't work.  Alternately,  how can I run the mgserver.sh as a service.

Also, how do I get apache and mapguide to automatically startup when I turn the server on?

Thanks,
Ray
_______________________________________________ mapguide-users mailing list mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapguide-users