[mapguide-users] Upgrading to MGOS 2.5 from 2.2

cremebrulee iowa747 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:05:46 PDT 2013

I would like to upgrade to the current release (2.5) of  MapGuide Open Source
from my currently installed 2.2 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL
5).

What would be the easiest way to do this? Can i do the following:

1) stop mgserverd, mghttpd and tomcat processes.

2) run the necessary scripts as described in :
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/2.1MigrationInstructions
BackUpOfflineRepositories.sh, BackUpOnlineRepositories.sh

3) extract the archive of mapguideopensource-2.5.0.7449.tar.gz over my
existing install ( source:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/2.5.0/Release/)

4) Since FDO is not in the above tar file, extract that separately from this
source: http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-380-downloads#3.8.0_linux_binaries
?

5) Run these scripts : RestoreColdBackupRepositories.sh,
RestoreHotBackupRepositories.sh, UpgradeRepositories.sh and then
SetupRepositoryIndices.sh

-----
-MGnoob