[mapguide-users] Upcoming MapGuide release schedule

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 04:30:23 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm looking to soon begin the release cycle for MapGuide Open Source 2.5.1
and 2.4.1. The main purpose of these point releases is primarily to roll in
the critical security hotfix for the mapagent (see RFC 136) and select
backported fixes from trunk. This week I'll be reviewing what open tickets
are eligible to be fixed for 2.4 and/or 2.5 with the actual releases coming
hopefully next week.

2.4.1 will be the only point release for the 2.4 branch.

2.5 will probably get more point releases down the line. I'm pretty sure
that 2.5.1 won't be the last point release in this branch.

As for the upcoming 2.6 release, I plan to put out a preview release of 2.6
once this VS 2012 migration is completed (still waiting on FDO to complete
their VS migration). Migrating to VS 2012 required some major installer
changes (namely dropping Windows XP/2003 support). Having a preview release
will help us weed out any installer issues early before we start the 2.6
release cycle proper (probably around early 2014) and this will give you a
sneak peek at some of the new features coming in 2.6.

On the Fusion front, given most of the development action is currently
happening on trunk and I don't really have the time/resources to backport
whatever changes made since the 2.4 and 2.5 branch versions of Fusion, I'm
considering doing something that hasn't been done in a while: An out-of-band
release of Fusion that you can drop into your existing 2.4 or 2.5
installation of MapGuide. Is this something you would like to see?

- Jackie