[mapguide-users] Map frame display delay

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:30:26 PDT 2013

MGOS 2.5 using Ajax Viewer on Windows Server 2008R2 (IIS 7.5)

In using previous versions of MGOS (specifically 2.1 and 2.2), after the
MapGuide service is restarted, I always experienced a delay (of several
seconds) in the map frame loading, however, the delay only occurred the
first time the map was displayed after the restart.  After that, as long as
the service was not restarted, then there was no delay in the map frame

Now with MGOS 2.5, I've noticed this delay (after MapGuide service restart),
plus I've also noticed this same occurrence if the MapGuide service isn't
used for a "long period" of time.  I have 2.5 running on a test machine, so
during the day while I am working on it and testing, I don't see the delay,
but when I come back to the machine the next day or days later, I notice
there is a delay (it's rather significant...~11 seconds to load the
mapframe).  I am not restarting the MapGuide service or the OS and there is
no one else accessing the service.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any known configs or settings to change?

Thanks,

Steve G