[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2.X : Why Developers don't develop MapGuide to replace the local arbitrary SRS of DataSource by the SRS of the parent Map when we open a session ?

Rémy GOURRAT rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Fri Feb 1 09:02:35 PST 2013

Hi,

Developper's MapGuide can tell me why MapGuide don't replace SRS DataSource automatically, when I use a data source with local arbitrary SRS with a Map which have a standard SRS Spatial, by the SRS  of the Map ?

I have a lot of DataSource SHP, SQLite which contain Data with different SRS and we use it without SRS.

It's reducing considerably MapGuide Administrator task : 1 data source without SRS specified and 1 layer for all the Maps with different SRS

To display in the Map it's Ok but when I want make some buffer or execute geometry API, it's bad...

I understand that I need :
-              A data source with a standard or customize SRS and a map with a standard or customized SRS
Or
-              A data source with a local arbitrary SRS and a map with a local arbitrary SRS

But I ask the question again : why Developers don't develop MapGuide to replace the local arbitrary SRS of DataSource by the SRS of the parent Map when we open a session  ?

thanks for your answered

Rémy