[mapguide-users] Building MapGuide kills the CentOS

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:43:17 PST 2013

Yes I'm asking for help here :) Or at least an extra pair of eyes.

So I'm cranking the 2.5 beta 1 build on a CentOS 6.3 VirtualBox VM and
without fail (in my 3 attempts thus far), the build will always hang when
building the DWF Toolkit in Oem (at dwfcore/ansi/Core.cpp) for about 5-10
minutes before automatically shutting down into a black screen of
nothingness. No error messages. No dumps. Nothing!

I've never seen anything like this before, and I wouldn't know where to
start looking to diagnose this problem.

Any ideas? If all else fails, I'll try an earlier 6.x version before
reverting back to the 5.x series.

- Jackie