[mapguide-users] Maestro/OGR2OGR/SQL SPATIAL issues

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Thu Feb 7 11:11:44 PST 2013

I recently had a SQL geodatabase which was created by Several OGR2OGR
SHP->MSSQL batch files over time.

I've had problems at several customers making selections on SQL spatial
layers or zooming to them.
Sometimes I can set the default and Everythings good...in Others Doing this
actually Makes stuff unselectable.
Well unselectable is incorrect, I make a selection of one Point, and it
returns ALL Points!

I noticed in Maestro That When I goto Coordinate system, click load Defaults
I get a list that starts with Defaults, then sc_1,sc_2,sc_3, etc to sc_19
(WHERE ARE THESE COMING FROM AND WHERE IN SQL ARE THEY STORED)
I've been Having Issues with these "sc_x"'s  building and Building over time
for Some Customers...If I run OGR2OGR on the MSSQL database into a new MSSQL
database I normally wind up with default and just one or two sc_ entries,
its annoyingly strange.

RE: The Most recent customer.
My geometry_columns and spatial_ref_sys tables had all seemed to be in order
and all the Data was in the Same Coordinate System. (None of my
ogr_geometry.STSrid's were set on the geometry however).

Zooms and Selections Broke..I went and set all of the ogr_geometry.STSrid
codes to the right EPSG code (this has fixed this in the past), but still
broke.
I OGR2OGR copied the spatial database to a new Database...Created a feature
Source(fewer sc_'s in the new one) did no Coordinate system overrides and
those layers worked great.

I deleted his OLD database...Recreated it...and Ran OGR2OGR to copy the one
that was working back...(More sc_ stuff again)...anyways repointed the
featuresource again...Still broke.
Created a new FeatureSource and new layer on the Datasource...Didnt click on
the Coordinate system load, and thus changed no settings and this WORKED.

His original FeatureSource had the DEFAULT over-riden to the correct
Coordinate system...So I re-emulated it and BROKE.

This has gotten confusing...it seems like each time its a different combo to
try...Worse still is that A very large number of these people are on
Local/County Systems with no EPSG code, so I can't set the geometry STSrid
at all.