[mapguide-users] Having issues with too many inactive FDO connections to Oracle

SteveS steve.calpoly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:47:24 PST 2013

I'm having issues with mapguide creating and leaving open too many sessions
in Oracle. Our maps have approximately 5-10 Oracle layers and the web app
gets about 100 sessions created a day. For the most part the number of open
database connections hangs around 10-30, but it will occasionally spike up
into the hundreds, and it seems even after the sessions have been killed
many inactive connections are left open.

Here is my serverconfig.ini settings:
----------------------------------

DataTransactionTimerInterval = 120
DataTransactionTimeout = 360
JoinQueryBatchSize = 1000
DataConnectionTimerInterval = 120
DataConnectionTimeout = 360
DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom = OSGeo.Gdal:1
DataConnectionPoolSize = 100
DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders = OSGeo.SDF,OSGeo.SHP
DataConnectionPoolEnabled = 1
DataCacheSize = 100
CacheTimerInterval = 3600
CacheTimeLimit = 86400
CacheSize = 100

I've got the connection pool set to 100 but the server will still go over
it. One thing to note is that the same user may change maps numerous times
in one visit. Instead of creating a new session i generally save the session
ID and overwrite the data in the session repository. Could this be the cause
of my issue? Also, how do my server settings look?