[mapguide-users] FDO Provider SQL Server Spatial and Table-Valued Functions

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Jan 21 05:59:16 PST 2013

Hi,

I have quite some problems with "Table-Valued Function" in SQL Server that
return tables which contains geometry-columns. I don't think that
"Table-Valued Function" are supported by FDO or MapGuide OpenSource and
therefore I do not need them to be accessed by MapGuide ( I use them
alongside SQL Server feature CDC - ChangeDataCapture ).

The problem is that when I try to create a FeatureSource in Maestro or
Infrastructure MapServer 2013 I get an error and therefore cannot save the
FeatureSource. I think the root problem occurs when trying to access and
overwrite the default coordinate system. The error says that no parameters
where send to the Table-Valued Funtion xxx. So it seems that MapGuide/FDO
try to access these function to gather information even though these
funtions are not supported. When preview the FeatureSource I got this
message

I have no problems when using FDO ToolBox. I can access all tables and see
all features but can't get it to work in MapGuide. Seems to be a bug!?

I am using Maestro 5.0.0.7213 / MapGuide OpenSource 2.4 with patched SQL
Server Provider / SQL Server 2008 / FDO Toolbox 1.1.0.1264.

Any idea how to workaround this problem?

Gunter