[mapguide-users] FDO Provider SQL Server Spatial and Table-Valued Functions

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Jan 21 06:34:00 PST 2013

Hi Jackie,

I have no need to abstract it behind a view cause I don't need these
function for MapGuide.

Like I said I'm using a feature in SQL Server that is called "Change Data
Capture". I have to use this for building a data history. When enabling this
feature on my tables with geometry column the Table-Valued Functions are
created automatically. I don't use it at the moment so it would be as easy
as to delete these function. This would work, yes!

But what if I need these function in the future?

I think the proper way would be that FDO/MapGuide recognize these functions
and pass by while gathering the required data! And therefore I would think
that this is a bug in the present!

Gunter