[mapguide-users] FDO Provider SQL Server Spatial and Table-Valued Functions

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Tue Jan 22 01:00:35 PST 2013

Hi,

I have turned on trace logging for the FDO Provider for SQL Server! Like I'm
assuming the table-valued function is queried for retrieving the sptial
reference system. This throws the error since there are now parameters send
to the function:

Just before a query was executed which returns a table with all objects in
the database that contains a geometry column. The table also has a column
"object_type" that determine the type of the returned objects. The
table-valued function is of type "if" which means it is a "SQL inline
table-valued function". When the FDO SQL Server Provider loops over this
table to determine the SRID for every object like above the error is thrown.

So, I think it would be easy to extend the query with a filter in
WHERE-clause to not return table-valued inline functions ("and lower(a.type)
<> 'if'). I file a bug/enhancement in FDO Trac!

Just one more question: Why FDO Toolbox doesn't throw this error?

Gunter