[mapguide-users] MapGuide can't find Feature Geometry for WMS

Jackie Woodruff jackiejwoodruff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:32:30 PST 2013

I have successfully create a WMS connection to this URL:

http://smd.lands.gov.nl.ca/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?ServiceName=SMD_Resource_Maps

When I create a vector layer definition I am able to select the Feature
Class (CONTOURS 50K) but there is nothing for the Feature Geometry. Does
anyone have ideas as to why MapGuide can't find the geometry of the WMS?
This issues is common for all the WMS connections I have tried to make with
MGOS 2.4 (IIS). Also, the WMS connections on the same server that were
created with MGE 2011 (Apache) are no longer working due to the same issue.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Jacqueline