[mapguide-users] Mapguide: Merge BasemapSwitcher and MapMenu

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 06:39:45 PDT 2013

Not saying it's impossible, but what you want to achieve may cause
considerable confusion.

MapMenu is for switching between runtime instances of <MapGroup> elements
from the Application Definition.

BasemapSwitcher is for switching between runtime instances of child <Map>
elements within one particular <MapGroup>

What if you switched to a different map (<MapGroup>) that has no commercial
layers? How would you present this in your combined menu?

I think that's a valid enough reason for why these are two separate widgets.
If you really want to do this, I'd probably start with the MapMenu as the
base, and tack on your extra menu items for each commercial layer to
replicate the BasemapSwitcher. But you have to keep in mind the above
problem. You'd probably have to remove and rebuild these extra menu items
when the main map (<MapGroup>) is changed.

- Jackie