[mapguide-users] Building FDO & Mapguide on CentOS 6.4 64-Bit

Kyel kyel at quamdesigns.com
Thu Jul 11 12:45:16 PDT 2013

I see from the forums that Mapguide Open Source does not cooperate on 64-bit
Linux systems.  I was wondering what workarounds were discovered during the
testing phases on 2.5.0 during January/February 2013 to recompile source
code on CentOS.

I am getting ELF CLASS errors after using the build scripts as is (i.e.
compiling in 64-bit).  I modified build_thirdparty.sh and build_linux.sh to
use './configure CPPFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32' but that failed to create
libFDO-3.8.0.so altogether.  The goal is to add external FDO Providers to
the standard CentOS package.

Downgrading to a 32-bit system is my next logical step if there are no
suggestions.