[mapguide-users] Python user scripts for MapGuide Maestro 5.0

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 04:18:03 PDT 2013

Hi All,

As some of you may or may not know, one of the major features of Maestro 5.0
(windows-only at the moment. sorry) is the integrated IronPython scripting
engine.

This feature opens up brand new customization possibilities that were
previously not possible without writing dedicated/disposable .net
applications using the Maestro API.

I've set up a new sub-section of our existing code samples where users can
post any example scripts here
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/Other/MaestroScripts)

To lead by example, I've posted up an example script which may be of some
use to you: A set of utility functions to batch-update the scale range of
all Layer Definitions in a given folder
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/Other/MaestroScripts/ScaleRangeUpdate)

To give you an idea what this new feature can do, I've blogged about how
this feature (and the above script) helped saved me several hours of what
would've been tedious manual work:
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/scripting-and-automating-maestro.html

I hope this feature will prove to be as useful to you as it was for me, and
if this feature is indeed useful to you, I hope that you will contribute
back some of your scripts to the above wiki link.

- Jackie