[mapguide-users] Partial Raster Transparency

Crispin_at_Linknode crispin.hoult at linknode.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 04:20:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

Has anyone worked on rasters with different levels of alpha transparency?

I am OK with bitonal/boolean images and setting a 'background' colour to
transparent.  I have also played (unsucessfully) with adding an alpha into
an RGB foreground colour override.

What I would like to do is have an overlay (eg flood-plain type) that has a
100% transparency on one background and then be able to set a variable (like
70%) transparency on the remainder of the image so that other raster mapping
provides the background context.  If I have an alpha setting in the original
image is that then preserved in processing for the map request?
Should I continue based on knowledge this approach will work or not?

It could be converted to a vector but would add a lot to processing source
data that I would rather avoid.

 Many thanks,

  Crispin