[mapguide-users] Tiling possibilities

martin ju majirku at gis-services.sk
Thu Jun 13 04:18:59 PDT 2013

Hey all,
What are possibilities for me, if I have a group of layers of cadaster data.
Sadly, the database is very slow, so I was thinking to make tiles from these
cadastral layers. Our client need to be able to zoom to  scale 1:50 or at
least 1:100.
I have few problems:
 - For this scale mapguide wants to create millions of tiles. It also
creates tons of empty tiles, which are taking disk space because of amount.
 - It takes long time to create this amount of picture, especially with a
slow database connection

So few question arises:
 - Is it possible, somehow, not to have empty tiles on the disk?

 - Is it possible, somehow, set up "FiniteDisplayScale" for tiled layers not
scale 50 but scale for example 500. And still, it would be still possible to
zoom in onto 1:50, cadaster will be blurred, but all normal layers can work
within this scale.

Do you know about other possibilities, how to solve my problem?

I am not sure if I was clear enough.. Thank you very much for your
answeres...

-----
Martin Jirku
 Web: it.jirku.sk