[mapguide-users] WFS Connection from OpenLayers

Rich Bauer rdbauer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:14:59 PDT 2013

Update...

I stumbled across something that creates the WFS connection from a WMS
Layer. I tried this earlier but evidently had the code wrong. Both layers
show up in the Layers panel as it is added to the map, but the WMS layer
shows up and the created WFS does not.  Code below:

var wmsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Parcels",
        "
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Administrator&Password=admin
",
        { layers: 'Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Parcels', transparent: true },
        { isBaseLayer: false, transitionEffect: 'resize', format:
'image/png' }
        //{ projection: new OpenLayers.Projection('EPSG:900913') }
    );

map.addLayer(wmsParcels);

var wfsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Parcels", { protocol: new
OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(wmsParcels) });

map.addLayers([select, wfsParcels]);

With this there are no errors showing up in Chrome.