[mapguide-users] SDF Features Not Loading

Kyel kyel at quamdesigns.com
Fri Jun 14 14:52:13 PDT 2013

I am migrating from Mapguide Enterprise 2009 on Windows IIS to Mapguide Open
Source 2.5 on CentOS.  I have transferred map packages to the new server
using mapguide/mapadmin.  At this point, some layers load properly on the
new server map, while most fail to appear.

In Maestro 2.4, I can connect to every SDF Feature Source, and preview each
one in Maestro which launches the corresponding
/schemareport/describeschema.php browser function.  I can also preview each
Layer Definition in Maestro, although trying to select features within the
preview frame for any layer results in an error: "Failed to get valid string
char width"

Regardless, a couple of layers do load within the overall map, while the
majority do not.  I have tested both Unmanaged Files (external file links)
and Managed Files to load the .SDF files.  The same layers load or fail to
load whether managed or unmanaged, and it does not matter whether I use the
browser's Fusion, Ajax Viewer, or the Maestro Preview Map function (same
results in each).

All .SDF files have the leading text 'SQLite format 3.' inside the file, so
I assume these are all the same SDF version.  Also, the feature sources that
load are not large, but there are even smaller .SDF feature data sources
that do not load  Any idea why the describeschema.php is loading data for
all feature sources while the map viewers do not?