[mapguide-users] Get coords from Database with PHP then zoom to location in iFrame

Howitzer khinskens at wesa.ca
Tue Jun 18 08:00:33 PDT 2013

Good day!

*Problem:*
I am looking for a way to pass data to the map via iFrame and have it zoom
to a specific area. I would love to give it a unique ID (which is what the
parent page already knows about), and then have some PHP grab the Latitude
and Longitude from our Database and then have MapGuide zoom to those found
coordinates.

*Example:*
My iFrame opens the following url. Again, what I want to do is take that
/*&id*/ value, have PHP do a coordinate lookup in our Database, and then
invoke some method that will zoom the map to the coords.

/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/standard/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://CLIENT/Layouts/CLIENT.ApplicationDefinition&locale=en*&id=10484973*/

*What I've tried:*
I have extensively searched Google and looked through the MapGuide API. All
I've found is the function ZoomToView(). I'm not even sure what files to
edit or where to invoke that function so I can begin testing...

I'd be most happy if you could point me to some API references and/or the
necessary PHP/JS files that will help me get started.

Thank you!