[mapguide-users] WFS Connection from OpenLayers

Rich Bauer rdbauer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 10:38:54 PDT 2013

I have gotten a little farther and am running into an error that I believe
might be MapGuide related. MgStreamIoException?

   1. POST
   http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Administrator&Password=admin559
(MgStreamIoException)
   XMLHttpRequest.js:220<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      1. fXMLHttpRequest_sendXMLHttpRequest.js:220<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      2. cXMLHttpRequest.sendXMLHttpRequest.js:262<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      3. (anonymous
function)Request.js:240<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request.js>

   1. XHR finished loading: "
   http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Administrator&Password=admin
   ". XMLHttpRequest.js:220<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      1. fXMLHttpRequest_sendXMLHttpRequest.js:220<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      2. cXMLHttpRequest.sendXMLHttpRequest.js:262<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request/XMLHttpRequest.js>
      3. (anonymous
function)Request.js:240<http://localhost/mapguide/RBAC%20Mobile%20GIS/lib/OpenLayers/Request.js>

The response preview is:

A stream IO exception occurred.A stream IO exception occurred.-
IsapiAgent.HttpExtensionProc() line 211 file IsapiAgent.cpp-
IsapiPostParser.Parse() line 196 file IsapiPostParser.cpp

I didn't see anything in the server logs through the Site Administrator
that stood out to me as being related to this. I can post code if it would
help.

Thanks,
Rich

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Rich Bauer <rdbauer at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Rich Bauer <rdbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Update...
>>
>> I stumbled across something that creates the WFS connection from a WMS
>> Layer. I tried this earlier but evidently had the code wrong. Both layers
>> show up in the Layers panel as it is added to the map, but the WMS layer
>> shows up and the created WFS does not.  Code below:
>>
>> var wmsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Parcels",
>>         "
>> http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Administrator&Password=admin
>> ",
>>         { layers: 'Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Parcels', transparent: true },
>>         { isBaseLayer: false, transitionEffect: 'resize', format:
>> 'image/png' }
>>         //{ projection: new OpenLayers.Projection('EPSG:900913') }
>>     );
>>
>> map.addLayer(wmsParcels);
>>
>> var wfsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Parcels", { protocol:
>> new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(wmsParcels) });
>>
>> map.addLayers([select, wfsParcels]);
>>
>> With this there are no errors showing up in Chrome.
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM, RDBauer <rdbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I have searched the list and Google and have not been able to find what I
>>> need. I am trying to connect to MapGuide (2.5 on test machine but 2.2 on
>>> production machine right now) from OpenLayers 2.12. I know that it would
>>> be
>>> easier to use Fusion, but it currently doesn't have the support for
>>> Mobile
>>> and that is what I need. Also, I can't use PHP or .NET for any code
>>> because
>>> it will be packaged in PhoneGap for a mobile app. Right now I am just
>>> trying
>>> to connect to the sample dataset to get things working and also, by
>>> actual
>>> data will most likely be served as the same WGS projection. My current
>>> code
>>> is:
>>>

>>> /map = new OpenLayers.Map({
>>>         div: "map",
>>>         theme: null,
>>>         projection: osmProj,
>>>         displayProjection: wgs,
>>>         maxExtent: extent,
>>>         scales: tempScales,
>>>         controls: [
>>>             new OpenLayers.Control.Attribution(),
>>>             new OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation({ dragPanOptions: {
>>> enableKinetic: true } }),
>>>             //new
>>> OpenLayers.Control.Scale(document.getElementById("mapScale"))
>>>         geolocate
>>>         //selectControl
>>>         ]
>>>     });
>>>
>>> var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide("Sheboygan Tiled Layer", url,
>>> params, options);
>>>
>>> var wfsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Parcels", {
>>>         strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],

>>> map.addLayer(wfsParcels);