[mapguide-users] Maptip does not appear unless the Maptip button is added to the weblayout

David Wilhelmsson david.wilhelmsson at 65nord.se
Mon Mar 4 01:31:10 PST 2013

For future reference, I also found that upgrading from MapGuide 2.2 to 2.4
caused map tips in Fusion flexible layouts (.ApplicationDefinition) to
disappear if there the MapTip widget is not included in a container (In
MapGuide 2.2, the MapTip widget would be loaded even if it was not included
in a container).

My hacky solution to include the MapTip widget without adding it to the
visible user interface was to:

1. modify a Fusion template and add a container called "ToolbarHidden",
2. in the stylesheet, define "#ToolbarHidden" to "display: none;",
3. in the Fusion flexible layout, add the "MapTip" widget to the container
"ToolbarHidden".

This causes the "MapTip" widget to be loaded and display map tips, however
the button to toggle maptips never visibly appears in the user interface.
It's hacky, but it's the best solution I've found to date. Love to hear back
if there are any better solutions!

Kind regards,
Dave.