[mapguide-users] Call For Papers - 10. GEOforum Leipzig

psciga scigalla at battefeld.com
Tue Mar 5 23:35:15 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm writing this in the name of GEOforum conference committee to all
MapGuide developers and users. Please have a look at *topic 4*:

Would you like to actively participate at the 10th GEOforum in Leipzig,
Germany? The registered association Geo Leipzig e.V. will be hosting the
one-day event on September 19th 2013 at the KUBUS, the conference and
education centre of the Environmental Research Centre (UFZ) located on
Permoser Str. 15, in Leipzig.

We plan on holding 4 forums, each of them with 4 presentations dealing with
the following special subjects:

<li>Flood protection in Germany – experiences, developments and outlook</li>
2.Generation and use of spatial and environmental data to optimize locations
3.AAA-Projekt® of the Working Committee of the Surveying Authorities of the
German States (AdV) - realization, shaping, interface and spatial reference
*4.Open Source solutions for the processing of geospatial data*

We are in search of interesting research and new concepts which can be
presented within 20 to 25 minutes. The focus may lie on theoretical aspects
(current research e.g.) re contributions regarding the user’s side of either
software or process-technical applications.

In the year of the 10th anniversary, our community is especially looking
forwards to contributions from young talents and researchers, we therefore
invite you to present Master’s and diploma thesis, which deal with one of
the subjects named above.

Please submit your paper, outlining your subject for presentation by March
31st 2013 via email under the address info at geoleipzig.deinfo@geoleipzig.de.
We will compose the final program until the end of April and present it on
our Website http://www.geoleipzig.de/ (available only in German).

Every accepted presentation will be published in the printed conference
booklet.
Information about the event:
Ever since 2001 the Central German GEOforum takes place in Leipzig. We are
looking forwards to welcoming roughly 150 professional visitors from the
geological sector, including consulting engineers and visitors from research
and educational institutions, administrative bodies, as well as utility
providers. A trade exhibition related to the subjects of the forum is taking
place in the same building, so visitors have the possibility to get in touch
with the exhibitors during the breaks and discuss their questions with them.
Drinks and a light lunch will be provided, as well as parking facilities.
German information on the GEOforum can be found under
www.geoleipzig.de/geoforum. Please feel free to contact us under
info at geoleipzig.deinfo@geoleipzig.de for any additional questions.

GEOforum 2013 – See you there !