[mapguide-users] MG 2.5 RC ............ wishing list

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:56:56 PST 2013

OGC standard like GML?

Original implementation actually supported GML output (that's all it ever
supported actually), but the original implementation was really useless
functionality-wise (redline styles were hard-coded, you couldn't plot a map
with the redlines, among other things). Is there a real use for redlines in
GML? I know it's difficult to overlay GML files in AutoCAD Map, whereas
redlines in SDF makes this dead simple. The XML from a WFS GetFeature
operation is GML correct? I think we could leverage
MgFeatureService.GetWfsFeature to output GML if that's the case.

KML output? Possibly doable. We could leverage existing KML Service APIs to
do this.

SHP output? Definitely doable, we're using MgFileFeatureSourceParams for
creating the initial redline data store, which also supports SQLite and SHP
in addition to SDF. The redline data store schema is structurally simple
enough even for SHP to handle.

The real problem is that SHP is not one single physical file, but a set of
physical files (.prj, .dbf, .idx, etc), so implementing support is not
difficult, just an absolute pain in the you know where :)

Nevertheless, your suggestions do have merit. Whether any of these wishlist
items make it into 2.5 is another matter. I do want to get 2.5 out the door
asap.

- Jackie