[mapguide-users] Expression - format float to decimal with 2 decimal places

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Mar 11 06:51:56 PDT 2013

Ryan,

thanks for your reply.

I think you misunderstood my problem. I don't want to strip of the decimal
places. Instead I do want to have 2 digital places. My problem is that I
have already a float (ex 30.00000) and the expression engine automatically
strips of the decimal places. But I would like to have this format: "30.00"

So, I suppose it is a shortcoming of the expression engine.
Round(property,2) should do the job!
But if you make a static expression like Round(12.000,2) you will get "12"
as the result.

Maybe there is a workaround?

Gunter