[mapguide-users] How to specify selText in Fusion's setSelection(selText, zoomTo)?

David Wilhelmsson david.wilhelmsson at 65nord.se
Fri Mar 15 01:41:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

Fusion.Widget.Map's documentation includes the following:

-- start --

setSelection: function( selText,  zoomTo )

sets a Selection XML back to the server for each of the maps

Parameters

{String} selText the selection string
{Boolean} zoomTo if set, will zoom to the selection on completion

-- end --

How do I specify selText to be used in this function? I'm having trouble
trying to find any working examples for Fusion in MapGuide 2.4.

I have a layer on my map that includes data points with unique IDs and want
to be able to use setSelection to select and zoom to a selection for a given
ID.

Kind regards,
Dave.