[mapguide-users] Change order of fields displayed in properties pane?

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:42:20 PDT 2013

MGOS 2.4.0.7096
Maestro 5.0 b4 (Also tried 4.0.4)

I am finding that display order of the properties in the property pane in
the Ajax viewer is restricted to alphabetical order of the property "Name".
Changing the "Value" (in XML layer definition, or Display Name as identified
in the current version of Maestro) does not appear to change the sort order
as suggested above (I tried various methods to "re-shuffle" the properties
including adding HTML tags, new Display names which 'should' have a
different display order, none of which worked).

In addition, when editing a layer definition in Maestro, I haven't found
that putting properties in any particular order in the properties table
(i.e. table showing which properties are visible) has any affect on the sort
order.

I tried to find the code section in the ajaxmappane.templ file which might
pre-sort things (I believe the current code line is 3032), but that didn't
seem to change anything.

I do have another server running MGOS 2.1 and it does support sorting
alphabetically based on the "Value" field, so something must have changed in
the last few versions.

Any current alternatives?  I do want to be able to control the order in
which properties are displayed.  I am surprised that others haven't reported
this issue...seems like an enhancement candidate.

Steve G