[mapguide-users] Problems with Navigator and Fusion Map Controls

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Mon May 27 09:58:13 PDT 2013

I noticed an issue with Fusion navigator and map controls (e.g. QuickPlot or
Measure).

System: MapGuide 2.5, bundled version with Apache and PHP

Examples:

1) QuickPlot
- start QuickPlot
- activate checkbox 'Advanced Options'
- move mouse cursor over navigator
-> the capture box (preview) can't be moved anymore

2) Measure
- start Measure
- move mouse cursor over navigator
-> the command is broken and doesn't work anymore

Meanwhile I found out that the reason for this issue are these lines of code
in Navigator.js (line 155 to 158):
        this.domObj.addEvents({
          mouseenter: OpenLayers.Function.bind(this.mouseEnter,this),
          mouseleave: OpenLayers.Function.bind(this.mouseLeave,this)
        });

After I've commented out these lines everything works perfect.

I am not a programmer, but what is the reason for disabling active map
controls when the mouse cursor is over the navigator?

Thanks,
Bernhard