[mapguide-users] Release planning for MGOS 2.5.2

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 05:13:28 PST 2013

Hi All,

I'm looking to start preparing the release cycle for MapGuide Open Source
2.5.2.

The main item on the agenda for this point release is to correct the issue
of missing binaries of certain FDO providers on Linux, with select
backported fixes from trunk. I'm currently looking at a late November /
early December release.

If you have an issue that you would like to be short-listed to be fixed for
2.5.2, please be sure file a ticket on our trac instance
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide)

Similarly, if you already have filed a ticket but it still has not been
resolved, perhaps run the ticket through this check-list to make sure it
will have our attention to be fixed for this next release:

 * Does your defect have solid and reproducible steps? Try to use this
pattern for describing a defect: I did A, B and C. I expected X, but got Y
instead. With any attached screenshots/logs/data files/etc to describe
outcomes X and Y.
 * Can you localize this defect against the Sheboygan dataset? Failing that,
can you attach any sample data (with any sensitive information scrubbed out
if required) to help us reproduce the problem?
 * Perhaps you've already fixed this in your own branch. Can you make and
attach a patch/diff?
 * Can the issue realistically be fixed for 2.5.x? If it involves an API
change or major surgery on the codebase, it's out of the question.

- Jackie