[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.5.1 fusion search widget not working

Jacco Wanders | TTE Consultants wanders at engineers.nl
Wed Oct 16 05:43:47 PDT 2013

Dear users,
I’m trying/struggling to migrate my mapguide Ajaxviewer project to  an fusion environment. Although I made some successes (open tooltips/hyperlinks with the aid of the invoke url widget, maptips), I can’t  get the search widget working :(. I have tried several example xml codes from earlier posting.

I made a simple fusion project with two search widgets, which both won’t work:
==> http://176.74.246.104/mapguide/search_fusion.php

I am using:

Windows server 2008

Maestro 5.0.1

MapGuideOpenSource-2.5.1.7768-Final-x64.exe

IIS 7

Below is the script which returns an error after pressing the search/find button (same result for opening the results in a new window or in the taskpane).

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This is the code I used: searching a building number (string field) and display results in taskplane
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WidgetType xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:type="UiWidgetType">
  <Name>Search TaskPane</Name>
  <Type>Search</Type>
  <Location>Geef gebouwnummer</Location>
  <Extension>
    <Target>TaskPane</Target>
    <Prompt>Search (TaskPane)</Prompt>
    <Layer>gebouwen_met_dbase_velden</Layer>
    <Filter>"GebNr" LIKE '%$USER_VARIABLE%'</Filter>
    <MatchLimit>100</MatchLimit>
    <ResultColumns>
      <Column>
        <Name>Gebouwnummer</Name>
        <Property>GebNr</Property>
      </Column>
    </ResultColumns>
    <Title>Search TaskPane</Title>
  </Extension>
  <ImageUrl>images/icons.png</ImageUrl>
  <ImageClass>search</ImageClass>
  <Label>Search TaskPane</Label>
  <Tooltip>Klik voor zoekopdracht op gebouwnummer</Tooltip>
  <StatusText />
  <Disabled>false</Disabled>
</WidgetType>
This is the code I used: searching a building number (string field) and display results in new window
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WidgetType xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:type="UiWidgetType">
  <Name>Search NewWindow</Name>
  <Type>Search</Type>
  <Location />
  <Extension>
    <Target />
    <Prompt>Search NewWindow</Prompt>
    <Layer>gebouwen_met_dbase_velden</Layer>
    <Filter>"GebNr" LIKE '%$USER_VARIABLE%'</Filter>
    <MatchLimit>100</MatchLimit>
    <ResultColumns />
    <Title />
  </Extension>
  <ImageUrl>images/icons.png</ImageUrl>
  <ImageClass>search</ImageClass>
  <Label>Search NewWindow</Label>
  <Tooltip>Klik voor zoekopdracht op gebouwnummer</Tooltip>
  <StatusText />
  <Disabled>false</Disabled>
</WidgetType>

I hope someone can help me with this problem. If you need more info just let me know.

Thans in advance!