[mapguide-users] Leaflet & MapGuide

Rich Bauer rdbauer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 18:44:02 PDT 2013

When we tried the WMS, it seemed very slow even using it locally.

What I was having issues with was the setting up GeoRest to use MapGuide.

We were able to get Leaflet to return a map directly from MapGuide like the
2.6 OL sample does, but it has issues with shifting when you zoom. It was a
very strange issue. If we could get it figured out, then it would be a
great alternative, however, the time could potentially be too much.

We have decided to, for now, use OpenLayers with MapGuide 2.6 Preview. I
know that it is a "preview" but it works great! Using SQL Server as the
Feature source with spatial indexing, the Sheboygan sample data ported into
SQL Server works about the same as the sample data, as is, with the Fusion
viewer.

Rich