[mapguide-users] Tooltip Error for layers not on top

Marco Cussino mcs at gdtest.it
Tue Sep 3 07:33:50 PDT 2013

I'm having a strange error in tooltip function.
Tooltip are displayed only for topmost layer, if a tooltip is requested for the second layer an error is returned by
QUERYMAPFEATURES
function.

The returnet error is
Invalid argument(s): [1] = "const string&" The string is invalid and cannot be converted.
Invalid argument(s): [1] = "const string&" The string is invalid and cannot be converted. - MgRenderingServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.4.1\x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\RenderingServiceHandler.cpp - MgOpQueryFeatures.Execute() line 125 file c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.4.1\x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\OpQueryFeatures.cpp - MgServerRenderingService.QueryFeatures() line 848 file c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.4.1\x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp - MgServerRenderingService.RenderForSelection() line 1520 file c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.4.1\x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp - MgUtil.WideCharToMultiByte() line 300 file c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.4.1\x86\mgdev\common\foundation\System/Util.cpp

I checked that if I turn off the topmost layer than the tooltip for second layer appears correctly, but only if topmost layer is not visible.

What can be the reason of this behaviour?

My configuration in MG 2.4.1 on IIS and using ASPX pages.
Layer FeatureClasses are stored in a SQL 2008 Spatial database.

thanks
Marco