[mapguide-users] Opening a window using an invoke url custom command with the toolbar

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Tue Sep 3 08:01:06 PDT 2013

Okay, looks like I solved my own problem again. I suppose I'll post the solution.

In mainframe.templ under the function OpenUrlFromForm() I modified the line:

else if(cmd.targetType == 2)
    {
        targetName = "newFrame" + (newWindowIndex ++);
        window.open("", targetName, "toolbar=no,status=no,width=500,height=500,resizable,scrollbars");
    }

to read:

else if(cmd.targetType == 2)
    {
        targetName = "newFrame" + (newWindowIndex ++);
        window.open("", targetName, "toolbar=no,menubar=yes,status=no,width=500,height=500,resizable,scrollbars");
    }

The only new inclusion is the menubar=yes, in the window.open() call. This would apply to every window launched this way, though, I can't say I figured out how to make individual custom commands launch with different window properties.