[mapguide-users] Issues with Base Layers in Fusion

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:57:41 PDT 2014

Using MGOS 2.5.0.7449 with Fusion 2.6 preview
(http://download.osgeo.org/fusion/fusion-2.6.0-preview.zip); and also tested
on fusion packaged with MGOS 2.5.

The following only seems to be Fusion issues, base layers work fine in Ajax.

Here are my problems:

1. Visible at Startup - In Maestro, I've created a base layer group and
added my base layer.  As part of the base layer group settings I turned off,
"Group is visible at startup"  i.e. <Visible>false</Visible>.  However, when
I open my map, by default, the group is visible (the checkbox is not
selected, but the layer is drawn).  If I check the box and then uncheck the
box, the layer goes away, but it always appears visible at start-up.

This only seems to impact base layers created from raster layers (i.e.
layers created from GDAL Feature Source).  This does not impact base layers
created from vector layers.

2. Same base layer creation as above for layers created from GDAL Feature
Source.  If I do not create another base layer group that is either
completely empty or has a vector base layer in it, then the base layer
groups with my raster layers appear on top of the regular layers (dynamic;
non-base layers).

Is anyone having the same issues?  Any work arounds?

Thanks,

Steve