[mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 6.0 Alpha 1 available

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:48:45 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of MapGuide Maestro 6.0 Alpha 1

NSIS installer/Zip package available for download here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/Downloads

Blog summary of what's new:
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/announcing-mapguide-maestro-60-alpha-1.html

As mentioned in my blog post, I have decided that 6.0 will be my *final
major release* of MapGuide Maestro. I believe the design space for a
client-based MapGuide authoring application is almost fully explored and so
there isn't really much left to implement or improve.

I do not know how many alpha and beta releases it will take to get to reach
this final milestone nor do I have an idea of a general release date, so
we'll play it by ear. In the meantime, if you still have ideas for new
features to implement, I implore you to file informative enhancement tickets
on Trac while 6.0 is still a milestone to be reached. Once 6.0 final is out
the door, that will be it for me on the Maestro front.

- Jackie