[mapguide-users] Amazon EC2

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:26:03 PDT 2014

I was interested a while back, but never pursued:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapguide-in-cloud-Amazon-EC2-tp4185365.html

Reading through Jackie's recent post, its definitely doable:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2014/07/govhack-2014-post-mortem.html

See demo:

http://bit.ly/1mKHAPQ

As for storing your data in S3, I think you would have to figure out how to
configure your Unmanaged Data Mappings (and/or if using tiles, your
tilecache path)on the MapGuide server to access your S3 bucket .  Speaking
from experience, I know that you can include UNC or drive paths in your
serverconfig.ini configuration (on a Windows machine), but what about the S3
bucket?  Remember, MapGuide is consuming whatever the server has access to.
However, I don't think you can access S3 buckets as a networked drive
without a 3rd party application.  I'd be curious what others have found.

Also, see first link above for alternatives to amazon.

-Steve